How a ground-breaking shift from CMS is enhancing care and unlocking value for practices
Lean budgets and people resources can make supporting patients with non-medical needs feel daunting, but CMS’s groundbreaking shift in 2024 is unlocking new opportunities for oncology practices to invest in delivering holistic, patient-centered care and Patient Discovery can help.
What are the new codes and how are they impacting care delivery?
CMS understands that treating the whole patient requires investment in people and technology resources. The new codes released in 2024 reinforce their commitment to supporting practices by expanding reimbursement to investments made in standardized SDoH risk assessment tools and services delivered by the broader care team, including non-clinical staff.
“Taken holistically, these are some of the largest changes ever towards a Medicare that recognizes people with Medicare as whole persons, with their own families and unique life stories. After all, people are more than the sum of their ailments and diagnoses.”
– Meena Seshamani, MD; CMS Deputy Administrator and Director of the Center for Medicare
How Patient Discovery can help
Patient Discovery is a clinically validated, standardized tool designed to maximize care team resources and deliver patient support at scale, improving the patient experience and enhancing the operational health of the practice.
Integrated into the clinical workflow, Patient Discovery:
- Proactively engages patients to communicate what matters most for their treatment and care plan
- Administers a comprehensive SDoH risk assessment to efficiently identify unmet needs impacting patient diagnosis and treatment
- Intelligently automates referrals to patient support resources, allowing social workers and navigators the time they need to provide help where it’s needed most
- Captures the activities of the expanded care team to meet payer reimbursement requirements
Novel, longitudinal patient insights increase care quality and drive down the total cost of care
Patient Discovery is uniquely focused on understanding the non-medical patient preferences, priorities, and challenges influencing treatment access and adherence. Our equitable care platform captures and delivers a novel longitudinal view of the patient journey that enhances how we see and understand patients, ensuring high-impact, quality care delivery that drives down the total cost of care.
Ready to learn more?